9/25/12

September 11

Kent Pond to Churchill Scott Shelter
Miles Hiked: 5.2
Hours Hiked: 6

I woke up at Kent Pond this morning and Glassman and I hiked for about two hours until we reached a side trail leading down to a restaurant/hotel called The Inn at the Long Trail.  We hiked about an hour out of our way to go eat lunch.  It is restaurant week in Killington, so we got huge appetizers, main course and desert for a reasonable price.  We even took time to throw a game of darts, which was a lot of fun.  I never knew when I started this adventure of hiking that I would find so many other fun things to do along the way, like the state fair, or visiting wayside Irish Pubs.  After lunch I kept hiking down the trail and Glassman went back to his car to drive home.

This used to be the trail, but it has been relocated, these logs are to serve as roadblocks so you don't use this trail anymore.



Along the trail



Glassman in the restaurant for lunch, and the restaurant.




The Trail

No comments:

Post a Comment