9/26/12

September 12

From Churchill Scott Shelter to Clarendon Shelter
Miles hiked: 14.5
Hours hiked: 11.5

Today was a lot of fun.  I slept ten hours last night and woke up feeling wonderfully refreshed.  And I am glad to be hiking the trail in Vermont, I love the terrain here.  So I just kept walking today.  As you can see below I passed through two shelters where I had the option to stop, but because I felt good I just kept walking.  I camped by myself last night and tonight also, and I am enjoying the solitude.  The trail is a little less crowded this time of year than it was in July.



Trail




Woods around the Trail.



Mushrooms beside the trail.



The inside and then the outside of the Tucker-Johnson Shelter.  I didn't stay here, just stopped in to sign the book and eat a snack.




This is the outside then inside of the Governor Clement Shelter.  Then some butterfly or moth that hung out with me for a little bit. I was captivated by the way the underside of the wing looks like a dead leaf, and by the outline of the wings-check out that shadow!.








More mushrooms, see the ones in the background, too?



Some places the trail goes into or out of people's private land, and sometimes that land is used as pasture or field.  These steps are built so that hikers can climb electric or barbwire fences around property.  Notice the white blaze in the background.



My pack sitting beside the trail.

1 comment:

  1. The picture of your pack by the trail is a keeper, for sure. And that moth...very cool!!

    ReplyDelete