9/21/12

September 7

From Route 12 to Stony Brook Shelter
Miles Hiked:13.7

I woke up this morning and started the day hiking with The Hardway and Squirrel.  They are trying to hike as many miles a day as they can because Squirrel wants to be done hiking by Thanksgiving if possible.  They told me that they would stop either after two miles, or one hour so that I could catch up to them.  However, after hiking about four miles and two hours and not catching them I was frustrated, so when I came to a lookout tower I stopped for about an hour and a half, ate lunch, talked to another hiker, and called my brother for a chat.  I decided to just let them hike on ahead and I would hike at my pace.  Even though it would have been nice to have the company it was nicer to hike at my speed.


We started hiking in incredible fog.  If I were a kid there would have been a two hour fog delay at school.




An Alice in Wonderland caterpillar


Mountain beauty in Vermont-check out those clouds.



The lookout Tower where I took an hour and a half break



Fall colors



Soaking my feet in the clear mountain stream-still my favorite part of the day.  Some serious tan lines...



The trail.

No comments:

Post a Comment