10/29/12

October 15

From CT 341 to Ten Mile River Shelter
Miles Hiked: 8.7
Hours Hiked: 7

Today I saw two Timber Rattlesnakes!  I had hoped to hike farther, into New York State, but it rained starting at 1:30. I got to Ten Mile River Shelter at 3:30 and decided to stop for the day even though there were still hours of daylight left.



The storm gathering


Scenes from the trail

Timber Rattlesnake








Views from the Trail






This is how the signs in Connecticut look-green with white writing. The symbol on the right is the symbol for the Appalachian Trail.



Ten Mile River


View from the shelter



Water pump at the shelter.  I know the picture is fuzzy-but I include it because it is the second time I have seen a water pump along the trail (I think the first one was at Route 10 in Vermont), and the fuzziness in the image comes from the fact that it was raining so hard.

No comments:

Post a Comment