10/4/12

September 20

From Little Pond Lookout to Vermont Route 9
Miles Hiked: 5.8
Hours Hiked: 3.5

I woke up with the sun today and enjoyed the sunrise at the lookout near where I made camp last night.  I had arranged to meet Glassman at Route 9 this morning around 10:30 and I wanted to make sure that I was off the trail on time, so I started early.  We went into Bennington, VT for coffee and a stop at the post office.  Then we went back to his house where I will take a few zero days.

The lookout at sunrise today- Golden



Mushrooms on a tree



The trail


The trail goes between the boulders-see the white blazes on both rocks?


The trail



Glassman playing connect four with me at the coffee shop in Bennington.  See my pack there on the left?  I have newly named it 'The Mothership'.

1 comment:

  1. Crystal, those photos of the sunset are among the most beautiful I have seen. Wow! So glad to be able to follow your journey.

    ReplyDelete