10/26/12

October 12

From Limestone Spring Shelter to Sharon Mountain Road
Miles Hiked: 11.4
Hours Hiked: 9

I woke up early this morning because I wanted to hike some good miles today.  It was cold. Very, very cold.  I found the other thru-hikers a wee bit young and annoying, so I decided to get a hotel room instead of staying at the next shelter tonight.  Also, I knew that my sister was due to have a baby any day now and I wanted to be in a place with phone reception and where I could make sure my phone battery was charged.  So after hiking 11 miles I spent the evening and night in Cornwall Bridge, CT at a motel.  The owner of the hotel, Mr. Patel, an friendly Indian gentelman was very friendly and gave me a ride from the trail.  The town also has a general store with overpriced candy, so I stocked up on snacks and enjoyed a sandwich for dinner while watching mindless TV and enjoying the heated room.
Great Falls Dam



You can no longer drive a car across this bridge, but the Trail uses it to cross the river.



I like this rock wall.  Which I was recently informed is called a rock wall and not a stone wall, as I previously thought.  :)


This is the first time that I have seen a bench on the Trail!  Huzzah!



For a short time the Trail follows a road and passes in front of this high school.



Scenes along the Trail



No comments:

Post a Comment