8/14/12

On July 31

Miles Hiked: ZERO!
Hours Hiked: ZERO!

I woke up at 6 AM, fully awake.  In recent years when I am in a new town I wake up early and walk around to get my bearings before others are up and about.  I hesitated this time, not sure if I wanted to walk for fun on my day off of hiking.  But in the end the quaintness of the town won me over and I walked around exploring
.  I accomplished a lot today.  I didn't realize that on 'Zero Days', days when hikers don't hike, there is a lot of other logistical work to be completed.  I had to look at maps, go to the post office to pick up food, re-pack my pack, make sure laundry was done, check e-mail, call home, find food.  So much to do.  But thankfully Greenville is well equipped with two grocery stores, two outfitters, a library, and a few eateries.  Mission accomplished!  And at the end of it all I got to watch the Olympics.  I love life.



View from our Black Frog rooms, and our accommodations.







These road signs amused me.




We all spent some serious hours re-packing and deciding what food we needed for the next leg of the journey, while we watched the Olympics.  Here are Babe and Right On planning food.



The view from our deck at sunset.

No comments:

Post a Comment