8/10/12

On July 27

ugh. Just deleted this post after spending so much time writing and pictures.  Just pictures for today because I'm frustrated.  sorry.

someone gave me his flashlight today.  Yay! I gave him food.  I slept in a shelter with a man and his beagle, Bella.  I hiked 9.9 miles in 10 hours.  I started at Carl Newhall Shelter and slept at Chairback Gap shelter.  There was no water there.

After leaving the shelter with the three women this morning I saw another group of four women hiking together, so I hurriedly crossed the stream to join them.  Then I realized they were on a different trail and I didn't need to cross that stream.  Oops.  Back across I went-by myself this time.


The root systems of these trees are beautiful.  Much of the trail is walking across these roots.


Mushroom


Toad-they are everywhere.


The stream I shouldn't have crossed once.  I crossed it twice.



The trail.


New life and Old life.


I have had the most amazing weather.



The trail.  Some parts of this forest, with the moss and trees and boulders is very middle-earthy.



A rock scramble I climbed to get to Chairback Gap lean-to, while carrying as much water as possible because I had been warned that there was no water at the shelter.  That makes for a very heavy climb.


View from Chairback Mountain.



Mushrooms are everywhere.



I love the way the detail of the pine branches showed up in the foreground of this photo.



A storm was rolling in.

No comments:

Post a Comment