8/12/12

On July 29

From Cloud Pond Lean-To to Little Wilson Stream
Miles Hiked: 12.3
Hours Hiked: 12

I was feeling kind of lazy today so I didn't leave the shelter until 7 and took my time.  I first climbed up and saw an old fire tower.  Then I stopped on top of a bald and just laid on the rock for an hour.  It was great.  I got to the shelter at about 4:30 expecting to stay there, but there was a man there who was a little bit annoying.  Also at the shelter there were two notes for me!  The first was from Jon and his Beagle, Bella, saying thank you for the food I had given him.  The second was from Dave and Lynn encouraging me to catch up with them, and saying they had left the shelter today at 1:30.  I decided if I was only three hours behind them and I had three and a half hours before dark I would try to catch them and camp with them.  So I took off as fast as I could go.  Around six-thirty I was going too fast and fell off of a log and into a beaver dam pond.  It was mucky and icky, but it was a soft landing, so it was o.k.  Around seven-thirty I finally found them at their camp-site!  I was so excited that I called their names and when they looked up at the trail  I waved to them.  As soon as I waved I fell over, flat on my butt.  I was already wet and muddy, but now I was also covered in pine needles.  Oh, well.  I was so happy to see them that I didn't much care.  I put down my pack by the fire they had going and sat in a nearby stream in my clothes to clean off.  Then they made me an extra dinner Lynn had made.  It was delicious!  I set up my tent and slept like a baby.




Old Fire Tower. 
After taking picture after picture of this I realized that it captured my attention because it has been days since I've seen any straight lines, or anything non-organic, or anything human made out here in the woods besides shelters and privies.  





Trail



Me at the very North end of Flagstaff Lake.




Mushrooms, the top, then the bottoms.




Mmmm...I found this rock and just laid out for an hour.  It was great.



The trail crosses this railroad tracks.  I crossed here about 4:30 pm.

No comments:

Post a Comment