8/20/12

On August 6

From West Carry Pond Lean-To to Little Bigelow Lean-To
Miles Hiked: 7.7

I had a very lazy day today.  I waited until all 17 people got up and left, just slowly doing my morning routine.  I cooked oatmeal for breakfast, carried it to the pond and ate by the water.  I hiked for a few hours until I found a pebble beach at a pond and laid down for about an hour, just to relax.  I found $5 washed up in the waves there.  As I sat enjoying the water I finally understood how someone could buy a vacation home.  Always before I thought that if I had enough money and vacation time I would want to travel somewhere new each time, explore somewhere I had never been before.  But sitting on the shores of this lake I understood how you could enjoy your job in one city and want a permanent, repeated place of vacation.Then I hiked to the next shelter, the French language camp boys were there again.  I set up for the night and carried my journal to the brook to write for a little before turning in for the night.  It was a relaxed day.

The view from the pebble beach.







And then I found five dollars.



Always there are mushrooms.

No comments:

Post a Comment