8/6/12

On July 23

From Wadleigh Stream Lean-To to the Antler's Campsite
Miles hiked: 13.6
Hours hiking: 12

I hiked alone today.  The Antlers Campsite is on a peninsula, so there are about three campsites together on a piece of land with water on three sides.  It's pretty. When I got to Antlers at 6:30 pm there was only one other tent there, but not on the peninsula, up on the hill.  The person had already hung a bear bag and was in bed.  I set up my tent, cooked dinner and went skinny dipping off the point.  It was a good night.  It rained during the night, and there was some lightening, but I was under enough trees that I had very good shelter.  I stayed dry.



I  crossed the stream using that log to hold onto.



These Geological Survey markers are along the Trail periodically.


Pretty.   There is so much brown and green that any other color really catches my eye.


There are many varieties of mushrooms in these woods. 


My site at Antlers. 


The view from Antlers 


1 comment:

  1. Thanks for changing the color of your font! My nearly 30-year old eyes like this better. I've been thinking of you A LOT every day, and I was enthralled with your moose story and picture.

    ReplyDelete