8/17/12

On August 3

Moxie Bald Lean-To to Boise Cascade Road
Miles Hiked: 13.5
Hours Hiked: Lots

I knew that I wanted to stay in Caratunk at a hotel tonight, so I tried to move quickly today.  But it was a long 13.5 miles.  I fell down and was pretty sore from that, though I didn't break anything, not even skin.  I saw a moose again, that was fun.  Out here you can only get cell phone service from the mountain tops, and then only sometimes.  So when I was on top of a mountain I called Sterling Inn and asked Eric to pick me up at Boise Cascade Road at 7.  After a series of confusing mis-haps involving running out of water and walking down the wrong road and hitching a ride I made it to the Inn and so did Eric, the owner.  Anyway, I'm thrilled to have a real bed to sleep in and a place to shower and do laundry.



Trail-with a steep drop over the roots and rocks.



The fog lifting off the water in the morning.



The Trail above tree line with the Cairn.



A Cairn to mark the Trail.



A pretty section of trail with these red-berry-somethings.


Dragonflies mating.





Grouse? Pheasant? I don't know. You tell me. I watched three of them for a while.  They make a lot of cooing noises.


No comments:

Post a Comment