11/28/12

On November 14

From Old Albany Post Road/Chapman Road to South Mountain Pass/Manitou Road
Miles: 6.7

I guess I overdid it yesterday because today I am stiff and sore.  It didn't rain today, but it is mighty cold.  Again we were awaked by Sherwood singing our wake-up call at 4:45 but it took us a little bit longer this time to get out of the apartment.  Yesterday we drove almost 2 hours to the trail head from Sherwood's apartment, but each day we hike steadily closer, which is fun because it means that every morning and evening our commute is shorter.  I guess I am very tired today because below are the only two pictures I took all day.  Chip dropped me off at Old Albany Post Road and drove midway to a gas station where he parked the car and hiked up to meet me.  We ate a hot lunch in the gas station, which was a nice place to get warm.  And then I kept hiking South and he leap-frogged the car down the trail another few miles.  We took a short day today.

A picture of the bathroom in the gas station.  Now, just for note, this gas station is incredibly small and very crowded.  It is difficult to squeeze through the isles.  But for some reason the bathroom is spacious with a potted palm and a large flat screen TV with streaming news about Super Storm Sandy!



View from the Trail

No comments:

Post a Comment