11/26/12

On November 12

I woke up early this morning and headed over to the nearby mechanic to find out why the car was shaking and making bad noises.  Every time I waited at a stoplight on the two mile trip the car shook and I wondered if it would stall out.  I found Zenier's on the cartalk website in their reader recommended section, so I felt good about giving them business.  Also, when I got there a man named Butch, who must have been in his late 60s, and spoke with a mid-Pennsylvania drawl, took care of the car.  So I felt very much at ease.

After waiting for about an hour Butch came out to tell me that the car had died.  There was no combustion in the engine.  Game over.

My parents' generous gift that was to be used for me to get a job around town went up in a puff.  Oops.

So, I made a flurry of phone calls: to mom, to Chip who was still at the hotel, and to a rental car company.  Eventually Chip and I drove the rental car to Sherwood's house for the evening.  We did not hike at all today.  It was a gorgeous, sunny, warm, beautiful day.  Tomorrow calls for rain and cold.  Ick.




Transferring everything from the red car to the white car.




No comments:

Post a Comment