11/25/12

On November 11

I now return you to the regularly scheduled blog posts about the trail, such as it is...for five days or so.

On Sunday, two weeks ago, Chip and I set off from Goshen, Indiana; destination: Morris Plains, NJ.  Our plan was to stay with my uncle, Sherwood, at his apartment and hike daily through the week.  Goal: for me to finish hiking the remaining miles in New York state; about 65 miles.  My parents decided a month or so ago that the car they were driving was near its end, so they purchased a new, reliable car for themselves.  And generously they left the 2001 Chevy Prizm in the driveway for me to use!  I was thrilled by their generous gift.  Though they intended for the car to be used by me around town for a part-time job while I was home, I thought it would be more fun to drive it to New Jersey and hike some more miles in New York.  So, off I went.  But by nightfall Chip and I were both tired.  And the car was acting a little funny-shaking every now and again.  And sometimes not starting up, or starting, but then dying when we put it into gear.  So we stopped in Hazleton, PA for the night with the plan to get the car checked out Monday morning first thing, then hike a little bit, then go to Sherwood's house in the evening.

A never before released pic of mom and Aunt Jane in Hanover, NH taken in the first week of September.  Notice they are on the Trail?

No comments:

Post a Comment