11/27/12

On November 13

From the RPH Shelter near Stormville, NY to Old Albany Post Road/Chapman Road
Miles hiked: 16.1

After a frustrating day yesterday of dealing with a dead car and then spending way too much money on a rental car, I am finally hiking today!  We decided to go all in and Chip dropped me off at the RPH shelter, near Stormville, NY, where I stopped hiking a few weeks ago.  Then he drove the car 16.1 miles down the trail and started hiking toward me.  We met around lunch time in the middle and he gamely turned around and we headed together toward the car.  We were awakened this morning at 4:45 by Sherwood singing.  The three of us ate breakfast together and I was at the trail and hiking by 7:50.  It was cold and it was pouring rain.  I don't mean a little bit of drizzle.  I mean, it was pouring rain.  For the first four hours it rained steadily.  But then it was only cloudy.  I am very happy to have knocked out 16.1 miles.  I feel like I might have made up for missing yesterday's hiking.  Maybe I can still finish the state of New York after all...maybe...before I return to Indiana again in a week's time.  By the way: today was the longest day of hiking I have done yet.  Near Antler's Campsite in the 100 mile wilderness I hiked 16.0 miles.  It feels good to be back on trail.  And, yikes, am I sore!!


The trail in the rain


The Hudson River in the rain.



The Trail walks across the top of this wall here.


The Trail and a blaze


A waterfall



A cool old abandonded stone house


Another waterfall

No comments:

Post a Comment