3/18/13

3.4.13

From Newfound Gap to Peck's Corner Shelter
10 miles

At 7:00 this morning I started calling every shuttle service in Gatlinburg.  It took until 9:30 to arrange a pick-up for 10:30 for me and Chapin Lara.  I walked to the Subway to buy breakfast and lunch and met Chapin at 10:30 to catch the ride.  It took 30 minutes to drive up to Newfound Gap.  I am glad that I did not try to hike up the road when it was closed.  We crossed Charlie's Bunion today, it was a gorgeous lookout.  I am so thankful to be in the Smokies in the beauty of winter.  There was a lot of snow, but we made it to the shelter.  I hiked about an hour after dark, but arrived safely.

Me and Chapin Lara starting out at Newfound Gap

Snow crusted tree at Newfound Gap

Me at Charlie's Bunion

View from the trail

Trail

Look at the snow vertically off these trees! 

 View from the Trail


No comments:

Post a Comment