3/5/13

2.19.13

Zero Day at Aquone Hostel

This morning I woke up to four inches of new snow on the ground.  I was the only hiker at the hostel today.  Steve came in to tell me that he had taken his truck in for state inspection yesterday and it failed because of the hand brake.  So he had a car today, but because of the snow he could not drive up to Tellico Gap.  He told me of a friend he could call who might be able to take me up the mountain.  But he strongly suggested that I stay one more night and take today off.  He told me that he wouldn't charge me to stay tonight if I chose to stay.  So I decided to take the day to sleep and read.  It was nice. It was relaxing. It was a little bit frustrating because it turned into a very beautiful day after all.  But here I am.

I wanted to take at least one picture today.  There is a graveyard behind the hostel and there was a lot of fog and mist today, so I went out for a short picture shoot because it was very very cold.  This zero day will put me back on the schedule I originally outlined before leaving IN.


No comments:

Post a Comment