3/1/13

2.15.13

This morning I babysat for my nieces.  We had a good and uneventful last day together.  Then after lunch I set about packing boxes with food to be mailed to me along the trail.  My cousin, author of Spiritual Implications, came to my parents' house for the night to hang out.  She has a running joke that she always helps by working on some chore when she is here.  Today was no different.  She rolled up her sleeves and helped me pack food boxes.  My mom came in to help, then went out to make dinner.  My dad came in to help and also read to us about a job my other cousin just accepted.  It was quite the production.  In the end we had packed and addressed 15 boxes with the proper amount of food and added in other supplies that I guessed I might want along the trail.

After looking at weather reports I decided that I would first hike 24 miles in two days, from where Marita will drop me off to the first hostel.  And then another two days to the next hostel.  That way I don't have to spend more than one night in a row in the woods when it is this cold.  But because that was decided on Friday night after the post office was closed it meant that Marita and I would have to take the first box with us and drop it off at the first hostel.  We made plans to do so.  I was in bed before 2AM, so I consider it a success.  Except that I can't find the fuel I need for my stove, so Marita and I will have to stop tomorrow to pick some up.

I want to give an extra shout-out THANK YOU to Sharon who sent me all of my food for the three months I was on trail from Maine to New York.  She worked very hard and always came through for me.  THANK YOU, SHARON!


Kaylee teaching Cori her letters


Christiana Pilgrim helping me pack boxes-all the food in this room is the food I will eat on trail for the next few months.  Thank you!


Tired after helping me pack all those boxes on the desk.  (Also a picture of one of our funniest family portraits there on the wall behind the boxes.)


My dad and cousin hanging out after we've finished all the work of packing boxes.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous3/01/2013

    Always happy to help. Miss you lots, Hopeful!

    ReplyDelete