4/13/13

3.11.13


March 11 Phil's Gap to Hot Springs, NC 11.1 Miles
I woke up this morning to fierce winds.  It was cold. I decided to hike the 11 miles to Hot Springs as fast as I possibly could so that I wouldn't get caught in the rain because I had no rain cover for my pack.  Also, I had accidentally forgotten my winter hat at Standing Bear, so it was a little bit cold.  Partway through the morning I stopped to get a drink of water and accidentally dropped my Nalgene water bottle over the side of a cliff.  So I was missing the rain cover, the water bottle, and my winter hat.  I reached Hot Springs before 2 pm and before the rain!  I checked into a hostel called SunnyBank Inn.  It is an old victorian house owned by a man named Elmer.  He has two staffers who completed thru-hikes last summer southbound.  Matt and Zack were wonderful to hang out with.

Trail with storm gathering.

My room at the SunnyBank Inn.

No comments:

Post a Comment