1/31/13

The Interurban Trolley

I grew up in Goshen, but I have not lived here for the last eleven or so years.  I have recently been staying in Goshen again. One new addition to the area since I left is the Interurban Trolley system.  The first week that I was back in town I decided to ride the line to the end to see where it goes.  I ended up somewhere in downtown South Bend and I could have ridden farther, but decided to head on home again.  It was an interesting ride.  I am impressed with the system.  It is clean. It seems efficient.  It is very different from the no frills industrial approach of the buses in Chicago.  The drivers seemed friendly and knowledgeable.  I was surprised at how many young Amish women used it for their shopping that day.  Here are a few pictures.  If you've never tried it before, what are you waiting for?  Why fight traffic and parking when you can easily hop on the Trolley?

Standing inside the trolley stop at Goshen College looking out.


The Trolley stop at Goshen College.


A view from inside the Trolley.  It wasn't this empty most of the day, just for this picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment