1/6/13

On December 23

On Sunday Joel and I woke up at the hotel and kept driving towards Indiana.  We had only about a five hour drive for the day.  So when we saw a sign for the Kentucky Music Hall of Fame and Museum we stopped in.  I would say it is not a museum that I would take time to drive to.  But, we meandered through just to stretch our legs.  We were the only people there except for the two high-school kids flirting with each other and working the front desk.  After the museum we drove on to Indiana.

The two adult women in this family portrait were sisters, Sarah Ogan Gunning and Aunt Molly Jackson, they were Kentucky protest singers who sang about the coal mines in the '30s, according to the museum sign.  I include this picture because of this country's recent gun debate.  Notice the man holding two children, his hat, and a gun?



An organ at the museum.



Crystal Gayle paraphernalia at the museum.  I was named Crystal after my grandmother, Naomi Crystal, but I was born when Crystal Gayle was popular.


This display puffed out air that you could feel as a way to demonstrate different speeds of tempo.  Here is Joel feeling the tempo.

No comments:

Post a Comment