1/28/13

Guest Photographer

I have been spending lots of time with my three-year-old niece lately and she enjoys using my phone to take pictures.  It took her some practice to get her fingers away from the viewfinder, but now she is a regular little professional.  Although her preferred way of photographing is to hold the camera within two inches of the surface of the object, sometimes this results in clear and interesting shots.  She also does not have the strength and finger dexterity to hold the phone still while she hits the button.  So even if she gets a picture on the screen that she likes, when she takes the picture the end result is often different than what she focused on.  Even with all of that said, here are a few of my favorite pictures, taken by Kaylee, in the last couple of weeks.

First, a pic I took of her.  She is wearing a bandanna of mine while goofing off and we are trying to teach her how to hold up two fingers in the universal 'peace' sign, but she doesn't quite get there.



Kaylee's pictures
The drawer to grandpa's desk.

The rocking chair at Grandpa and Grandma's house

The play stove at Kaylee's house

Self-Portrait at Kaylee's house

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous2/01/2013

    That self-portrait could actually go places as photographic art, from what I've seen on the market.

    I'm not sure what that says about her skill and/or the demands of the market.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha. Yes. I included that picture because if she had an electronic social media site that could easily be her profile pic and it would be considered to be a good one. This week she got dressed, then put on her headband, then looked in the mirror and declared, "Hey! I look pretty good!". So I couldn't resist sharing photos.

    ReplyDelete