12/31/12

On December 17

Zero Miles hiked today.  Weather: raining alllll day.  I woke up at the Helendorf River Inn.  Below is a picture of their lobby all ready for Christmas.  I spent the morning at the library, then wandering around town.  I met a cashier named Stephanie who just graduated from college with a degree in Christian Studies and is trying hard to find full time work, but for now is working in Helen.  She was sweet and the shop had few visitors, so we talked for awhile.  Next door at Higher Ground Coffee I met Sott.  He is the father of two, husband of one, an avid photographer and excellent hot cocoa maker.  We chatted for almost three hours and it was a most delightful afternoon.  In the hotel lobby, while waiting for my laundry to finish I met a man from Texas who was travelling through with his wife and toddler daughter for vacation.  We shared travel stories and laughed.  I spent the evening 'catching up' on make-your-brain-turn-to-mush TV shows on cable.


No comments:

Post a Comment