7/21/14

My weekend

Joseph and I went to Salamonie on Saturday and hiked on the Blood Root trail again. We bought a new pack for him, so this was the maiden voyage. Although it wasn't loaded to full weight I think it felt good for him.  But the big drama was that I forgot my wallet at the Park Office. We didn't realize it was missing until we were halfway home and it was 9:00 at night, so way too late to do anything about it at that point. So we drove the rest of the way home-hungry all the way because we had planned to eat dinner but didn't have any money in the car.  This morning at 9:01 we got a phone call from the Park Office. The woman said she'd found my wallet and I could pick it up anytime today! So we went to church and then drove the 90 minutes back to Salamonie to retrieve the wallet. Everything was still in it, even the $37 in cash!  And then we drove home and rode our bikes to watch the Fair Parade. We got there just in time to see Rock Run and their float.  Then we biked into the fair and walked around for the rest of the day.  I'm so glad that whoever was the camper who picked up my wallet was willing to hand it in.

Me with Joseph (self-portrait) eating our picnic on our hike on the Blood Root trail.


Signs on the Blood Root Trail.


Bicycle parking at the County Fair. I was surprised to see the bike racks and how many people were using them. We were glad that we rode our bikes because traffic was backed up all the way past our house during the parade.

No comments:

Post a Comment