7/28/14

Drying Laundry

I don't know about you, but I love to hang up laundry to dry. Something about it draws me in. I like that I have to slow down, I like that no words/letters/reading is required, I like that it is tactile and I touch and smell the clean laundry, I like that no energy is used in the gas or electric dryer, I like that I have to stretch just a little.  Maybe what I like most is that if I'm lazy and don't want to fold the clothes for awhile, they'll keep hanging and won't get wrinkly.  Because of this, our house has four drying racks and two extensive clothes lines inside the house that I've been using for the last year since I moved into this house. But it's summer now, so I was excited to get some outdoor drying space. Joseph wonderfully indulged me and put up this four sided clothes line in our back yard.  I used it today for the first time. As I was thinking about how nice it was to be outside I noticed that a family of swans had come to visit. I mean, really, how does life get any better than this?

Laundry hanging to dry with swans in the background.


Family of swans-two adults and five ducklings-I took this picture while standing in our back yard.

 Swans under our Sycamore tree.

No comments:

Post a Comment