8/3/13

4.20.13

From Moreland Gap Shelter to Side trail to US 321 
8.7 miles

Today I hiked the trail through this park, it runs along an old railroad bed where the stone has been blasted away.  An eight year old boy and his dad were hiking towards me and the boy warned that I was coming up to a very scary bridge, but advised me that if I just went slowly I could be o.k.  The first picture shows the bridge the boy was talking about.  He was right, it is scary.  There were difficult parts of the trail today-narrow parts, steep stairs, and narrow bridges.  It was a beautiful day.
At the end of the day I took a side trail and hitched a ride with a friendly German man into Hampton, TN.  I stayed at The Castle hostel in Hampton.  I met Gyro, a hiker from Louisiana.  The few hikers at The Castle watched old movies.  

This is the trail


Stairs up the trail


Me at the falls



This is a German man that I met while hiking.  See how narrow the trail is here?




No comments:

Post a Comment