8/1/13

4.18.13

From US 19 E to Upper Laurel Fork 12.6 miles

I woke up today at the hostel and paid them to take me into Johnson City, TN for my drug test.  It took the whole morning, so I didn't start hiking until late morning.  I got tot he shelter where I planned to spend the night but there was a middle aged man there with his wife on a section hike and he was beyond annoying, so I decided to go one more mile to the camp site.  But I didn't see the campsite.  So I stopped at a stream and made camp when it got dark.  I thought that I could hear people talking, which was strange, because I walked all around and couldn't see anyone.  It rained slightly, but I stayed dry in my tent.  The next morning as I broke camp streams of people came out of a side trail I hadn't even seen.  Apparently there is a new hostel just down the mountain from Laurel Fork Stream.  They were full and people were sleeping on the floor.  I'm glad that I stayed by myself in my tent.  It was pretty and it was relaxing.


Views from the Trail




Laurel Fork Falls

No comments:

Post a Comment