4/28/14

The art scene in Ft Wayne

     On our recent visit to Ft Wayne the itinerary included making a stop at the Ft Wayne art museum. Upon our arrival we discovered that the day was a free day, and there was much jubilation.  Frankly in the end, I was glad that we didn't have to pay as it was rather disappointing save for some 'Dr. Suess'-esk paintings.  The first collection that Crystal and I set our eyes on, and shortly there after wished that we didn't, was pottery. When I say pottery I mean every ugly piece of ceramic tableware your elders ever had was in this room. An ugly vase and the vague smell of horehound in the room made for some interesting flashbacks for some, I'm sure.  The next collection was of works from high school and middle school students. Many of the works there were phenomenal. I was blown away by the amount of talent, and teenage angst; but that is beside the point.  The final collection was the best out of them all though. I love the ones that remind you of Dr. Suess, I personally think that the others are too organ looking but I will let you make that judgement for yourself.








a mural on an adjacent building

1 comment: