6/8/12

Demolition 1

There is a place between Ashland Ave. and the river, near the Orange Line train stop where part of a building was torn down.  And I find it fascinating.  I think it is beautiful.  So much so that I took 50 pictures on my way home from work last night, mostly trying to determine what about it so much captures my curiosity.  I think it is the stairs and ladders.  But also the layers and stories.  Or maybe it is the doors and windows.  Then again, I like that you can see the outside and inside of the brick building at the same time.  And of course, I am intensely drawn to the bright colors.  Today I'll post a few pictures, and tomorrow a few more.

Check out the Rebar in the foreground here

Notice the door at the top that now opens into air

Look at the rebar ladder in the wall

1 comment:

  1. Crystal, I agree that there is something hauntingly beautiful about this. Looking forward to more pics tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete