5/26/12

Other Plans

Ever feel like everything is falling apart, has been cut down?  And it feels sad.  Oh, so sad.




Ever feel like the fire has burned out? Like there is nothing left?



Yeah. Me too. This month I was informed that my last day of work (remember the Happy Mother's Day post?) would be June 30.  I decided to put my last two weeks of vacation at the end, making my last day in the office June 15, just three weeks from yesterday. 

And then I started to make plans to thru hike the Appalachian Trail.  And I started smiling. (This is the funniest self portrait I could find.)

Desert Room at Garfield Park Conservatory
And I started buying gear...


My tent at McKinley Park in Chicago

My roommates walked by as I was posting this and reminded me that I'm a city girl who isn't quite ready for this hike, pointing out that Garfield Park and McKinley Park are not exactly Baxter State Park equivalents.  They are correct.
Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment