7/16/12

Sadness

Well. My absence from the blog-o-sphere was because on Monday, one week ago today, I held my grandpa's hand and told him I loved him, and that his sons, family, friends, many many people, loved him. I told him that he had worked a good 92 years for peace and justice and that we would continue on for him, but that he could relax and sleep now.  He died in that hospital room, nearly three weeks after his heart surgery.  I held his hand while 8 of his family drove to the hospital, but he could not or did not wait for them.  I have an amazing family.  Grandpa and Grandma taught us well how to take care of each other, and we tried to put it into practice this week.  We gathered for his memorial service at his church on Saturday.




1 comment:

  1. Thank you for being there every day with Grandpa and for holding his hand while he transitioned from this world to the next.

    ReplyDelete