2/1/14

This century


I've been silent in this forum for a very long time. Life off trail doesn't capture my photo attention or curiosity in quite the same way.  But yesterday Joseph put internet in my house (joining me to this century), so I'm hoping to begin blogging a little bit again.  We enjoyed this delicious meal of homemade hummus that Joseph created. First the garlic was too strong, so to try to tame it he boiled some carrots and a potato and pureed that into the hummus, also adding more oil, some fresh basil (growing in the kitchen), and some lemon juice, since we had no more chick peas.  It mostly worked-and in the end it was delicious.  I had grown alfalfa sprouts a few days ago, so those were a fresh addition. I really like growing sprouts. Maybe more than I enjoy actually eating them-which is very much.  Anyway, have you ever tried balsamic carrots? They are my new favorite recipe.  I make them as suggested by Mark Bittman in How to Cook Everything.
Carrots-2 T olive oil-1/3 cup balsamic vinegar-boil 20 min. or more-salt and pepper to taste.

No comments:

Post a Comment